I’m on Pinterest. Most women are on Pinterest. To back that up, 80% of people on Pinterest are women, so there.
I found this interesting thing on Pinterest about 50 things you don’t need to know. It’s on my board called “Needless but interesting crap.” Since I have writer’s block I thought I would post some of those things on this week’s blog because I find some of them odd.
All of the above.
Mind you, I’m not going to list ALL of them here (I’m too lazy to do that) – just the ones I found based on the above adjectives.
2. The average person’s left hand does 56% of the typing. How the hell did they figure that out? I mean, I learned to type using the “home row”, so I would expect that both of my hands would do the same amount of work. Wait….in fact, I think my RIGHT hand would do more work because the number pad is on the right side of the keyboard. Did they interview and/or test “dinkers?” You know, the people who type with only their forefingers……
3. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes. Well, I wouldn’t expect a shark to wink at me before he bites my legs off, would you?
4. The longest one syllable word in the English language is “screeched.” I challenge anyone to come up with another word.
6. A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds. Although Dory isn’t a goldfish, I can sympathize:
7. The average human eats eight spiders in their lifetime at night. I can state that this is not true. I’ve surpassed this number by the simple fact that spiders decide to bite me at night. The minimum bite count is three bites per night. I have anti-itch cream for spider bites which I now use in place of my liver spot cream.
8. A cockroach can live 9 days without its head before it starves to death.
9. More people are killed by donkeys annually than they are by plane crashes. What??? Do you live near a donkey? I live closer to an airport and will probably fly on a plane before I even get close to a donkey. Wait – we are talking about the animal, right?
10. The average chocolate bar has 8 insects’ legs in it. Still craving chocolate?